SVF is happy to receive supplies and instruments for our clients!
We will accept new and used instruments in good working condition. Currently, we have a need for:
- steel drums
- acoustic guitars
- electric guitars
- keyboard or pianos
- various percussion instruments
- CD/mp3 players
We also need specific supplies for some of the art classes that our clients participate in:
Drawing Private Lesson Supply List:
- Strathmore Sketch Paper Pad, minimum size 11 x 14 inches.
- Variety of Graphite Artists Pencils, many brands are available. Buy at least four different hardnesses so that you can learn how to use them in different situations. 1 of each: 8B, 4B, 2B, HB (or 7B, 5B, 3B and HB) or buy a pre-packaged set that includes a range of hardnesses. Recommended brands: Raffine, Faber-Castell, Caran d’Ache, Derwent, Prismacolor, Staedtler-except the Mars Lumograph line.
- 1 Prismacolor or Design Brand “Ebony Pencil”
- 1 small 3-5 inch clear plastic ruler
- 1 Staedtler Mars Plastic Eraser (white eraser)
- 1 Kneaded “Gummy” Eraser
- 1 Tuff Stuff eraser stick
- 1 Pencil Extender
- Pencil Case
- A long ruler, at least 24 inches long.
- Pencil Sharpener – that suctions onto a table top.
- Drawing Dusting Brush
Local Austin Art Suppliers
Please contact us if you have supplies or instruments to donate! We would love to hear from you!